Incident: American contractor abused by Marines in Iraq
The Marines detained contractors after they allegedly fired from trucks and SUVs on Iraqi civilian cars and U.S. forces in Fallujah, 40 miles west of Baghdad. They were released June 1, and no charges have been filed.
During his detention, Ginter alleges that the following occurred:
- A guard slammed him into the ground
- He was kicked in the right ankle
- His rosary beads and wooden cross (on a necklace) were taken from him
- His testicles were squeezed to the point at which "I started getting really sick"
- His head was bounced on the ground
- We was threatened with a dog