Al Qaeda training manual: lie about torture
Today, the United States Department of Justice will put a translation of an alleged Al Qaeda training manual on their website. Lesson 18 of the training manual contains the following points to follow when a Al Qaeda agent is detained and tried.
1. At the beginning of the trial, once more brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by State Security [investigators] before the judge.
2. Complain [to the court] of mistreatment while in prison.
4. The brother has to do his best to know the names of the state security officers, who participated in his torture and mention their names to the judge.
5. Some brothers may tell and may be lured by the state security investigators to testify against the brothers [i.e. affirmation witness], either by not keeping them together in the same prison during the trials, or by letting them talk to the media. In this case,they have to be treated gently, and should be offered good advice, good treatment, and pray that God may guide them.
6. During the trial, the court has to be notified of any mistreatment of the brothers inside the prison.