Memo: Report of Proceedings (Jassim case)
During the investigations, other details were revealed, which are listed here:
- "The detainees were being systematically and intentionally mistreated (heavy metal music, bullhorn, hit with water bottles, forced to perform repetitive physical exercises until they could not stand, having cold water thrown on them, deprived of sleep, roughly grabbed off the floor when they could no longer stand"
- The acronym "IED" (Improvised Explosive Device) was written on the detainees hoods. "[I]nfantry soldiers stated they felt this was done to make them angry at the detainees, and it had exactly this effect".
- "I saw the Chief throw them down, put his knee in his neck and back and grind them to the floor."
- Electric shocks were given to a detainee.
- Soldiers told to "take them [detainees] back and beat the fuck out of them", and many incidents of beatings.