Incident: Ali H. detained
According to a statement on the ACLU website, this month, Ali H. (17 years old) was detained. He refuses to give his full name for obvious reasons. He will claim to have been detained for four weeks at Abu Ghraib. In his statement, he will claim that:
- He was denied medical treatment for gunshot wounds he sustained during his capture for hours. When eventually attended to, the bullets were removed in a brutal fashion without anaesthetic;
- He denied food, water, and pain killers for two days after his injury;
- He sustained a second shrapnel wound during the detention, however soon after treatment:
- he was dragged from one location to another;
- he was forced to sleep outdoors on the ground;
- personnel refused to change his bandages, and his wound became infected and leaked pus.
- He was thrown from a bus upon release.