Incident: Mehboob Ahmad detained
This month, Mehboob Ahmad will detained by US military. Over the next five months, he will be held at various locations in Afghanistan, including the Gardez and the Bagram Air Base. According to his statement on the ACLU website, during his detention he was:
- hung upside-down from the ceiling;
- pushed and kicked while he knelt on a wooden pole;
- stripped and kept naked for long periods of time;
- probed anally;
- subjected to sensory deprivation; and
- threatened that soldiers would rape his wife.